On Friday U.S.-backed Kurdish-dominated SDF formally announced the liberation of Raqqa city from ISIS after 4 months of battles and said it would be part of a decentralized federal Syria.
The battle of Raqqa began on 6 June 2017 and resulted in the next:
– At least 3829 air raids have been conducted by the U.S.-led international coalition;
– Approximately 1873 civilians have been killed in airstrikes;
– Several thousand people were seriously injured;
– Over 450,000 civilians have been displaced;
– 8 hospitals were destroyed;
– Over 40 schools were destroyed;
– 8 cathedral mosques and 29 small mosques were destroyed;
– At least 4 bridges were destroyed;
– 90 per cent are in ruins.
Photos taken on Saturday show the deserted streets of Raqqa lined with gutted buildings and burnt-out cars.